In Otto International, It starts with us; Our outstanding products and services are made possible by our most valuable resource: our people. It is their skills, passion, and precision that empower our excellent, customer-centric solutions.
Otto International is seeking out a Solutions Developer, interested in technology and changing the team’s work from ideation to production to join our Global Quality Compliance – IT team.
In this exciting positon, you will be part of the team that builds and runs what it creates, giving you a real insight into the impact of what you build on the application system, including new automated workflows and streamlined business processes. You will connect everyone in the application system and help the team optimise business goals.
How will you make a difference?
- Responsible for coding, debugging, functional testing and application implementation
- Research and evaluate appropriate technology to meet business demand
- Apply system analyst techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine systems functional specifications
- Formulate program specifications and basic prototypes, as well as produce fully functional application systems
- Assist the UAT preparation for both internal and external IT projects
- Maintain and monitor system processes, including data integration, participate in the maintenance and daily support for both existing legacy systems and new solutions
Who are we looking for?
- Higher Diploma/ Degree holder in Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience related to the technical aspects of project planning and all phases of application development life cycle
- Strong knowledge of different programming and scripting languages (Java, JSP) and familiarity with HTML5, CSS, PostgreSQL and JS frameworks
- Additional experience with Linux commands and a good understanding of technical infrastructure environment on-premises and in the cloud technology would be a plus
- Good concept on CI/CD practises (e.g. Terraform, Jenkins, Github Actions), AWS, Azure or knowledge on DevOps, SysOps, Hybrid cloud environment
- Ability to take initiatives, connect to technical and business goals
- Self-directed, organised, results-oriented, strong passion for driving creativity and backing changes
- Good communication skills in English (written and spoken)
Why work with us?
- Collaborative, fun and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent and diverse culture with locations worldwide
- Performance bonus, flexible working hours
- Health insurance