- Manage the Merchandising and R&D functions
- Reporting to the Director of China
- Sourcing Scope – China and South East Asia
The Product Manager will be responsible for a team of technical specialists, delivering the highest standard of service for product development and sourcing for their customers, while striking a balance with the company’s profitability, policies and suppliers’ resources.
How will you make a difference?
- Source new vendors in line with the wider strategic brand/customer plans for shoes and accessories
- Meet annual targets on turnover and delivery performance measures
Product Range Development
- Understand the commercial market; price, margin requirement, quality and product
- Analyse European market and competitor data to assist in identifying new category/range opportunities
- Work within the category deadlines, liaising with support teams in design, packaging and QA
- Initiate cross costing exercise and sampling with suitable vendors
- Understand the production process, costs and raw material impacts on product/ranges
- Engineer products to reflect brand & market position whilst looking for opportunities to reduce costs
- Understand in-store display requirements and mail order packaging constraints for product categories, to brief the vendor fully with the requirements at the start of the costing process
- Develop the product briefs in conjunction with buyers/OI European team members using B2B styles
- Collate all information required on spec/packaging prior to briefing the vendor
- Carry out the sourcing process in line with Otto & 3rd party standard procedures and requirements
- Source products from a regional standpoint, taking into account opportunities and threats of the source countries
- Carry out Otto supplier induction and process reviews with new suppliers
- Review factory capabilities and processes, in line with company and ethical requirements
- Maintain and develop the supplier base; review, shortlist and present findings
- Attend trade fairs, set up sourcing events & conferences when necessary to keep up to date with new trends
Who are we looking for?
- University degree holder, with a minimum 10 years’ sourcing/merchandising experience in shoes and accessories including at least 3 years’ in a managerial position
- Effective communication skills in English both written and oral
- Commercial understanding of the European market and price structure
- Understanding of product cost components, raw materials costs & factory capability
- Effective and empowering people management style
- Product engineering experience
- High level of integrity and business ethics
- Good team player, mature and independent
Why work with us?
- Collaborative, fun and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent and diverse culture with 23 offices worldwide
- Double-pay, performance bonus, flexible working hours
- Full healthcare insurance
At Otto International, it’s not just a job, it’s a mindset.
All data provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.