- Creative and attractive working environment
- Great role for an individual with a passion for fashion
- Opportunity for future growth
This role is to:
- Create and increase product value with innovation
- Push and establish the digital development of all product groups per selected customers
- Improve product quality and competitiveness by selecting the right materials
- Provide quick and efficient sourcing/product development support to buyers/merchandisers
- Raise awareness about production possibilities and capabilities in China
- Expand business of OI office by increasing orders/articles
- To strive for Operational Excellence in performing role responsibilities
How will you make a difference?
- Main point of contact for digital and physical creative developments
- Work with the creative buyers/merchandisers on fabric/yarn sourcing, liaising with the suppliers to check on stocks and availability for quick sampling leadtimes.
- Develop and establish digital development prior or during buying trips
- Scout and search suitable styles from key or innovative suppliers according to customer’s handwriting and requests for each season. Present these styles to customers on digital showroom or modify according to customers’ needs.
- Set up the best sellers on digital showroom and regularly update with product and cost information
- Travel to fairs and factories
- Source suitable factories, if necessary
- Follow each collection/development in order to achieve the main targets and objectives in terms of quality, lead time, margin and cost.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 5 year experience in product development and R&D for fashion and garments, excellent understanding of European market and fashion taste (preferably German market)
- Bachelor of Arts / Fashion/ Textile Diploma
- Knowledge on digital fashion tools and experience on digital platforms for 3D creativity
- Good background and knowledge of Materials Sourcing & Development
- Sound fashion sense and good understanding of textile quality, 2D/3D pattern knowledge
- Excellent communication, presentation skills
- Good command of both written & spoken English and Chinese / Mandarin
Why work for us?
- Collaborative, fun and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent and diverse culture with 25 offices worldwide
- Double-pay, performance bonus, flexible working hours
- Full healthcare insurance
At Otto International, it’s not just a job, it’s a mindset.
All data provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.