- Working with the UK market
- Passionate about retail and merchandising
- Take initiatives as a team
This role is to assist the supervisor in managing an effective team in order to deliver the highest standard of service, while striking a balance amongst customers’ requirements, the company’ s profitability & policy, and suppliers’ resources and to achieve corporate targets in terms of turnover, delivery performance, sampling, claim ratio and quick lead-times by enhancing the team’ s productivity and efficiency and to strive for Operational Excellence in performing role responsibilities.
How will you make a difference?
- Keep abreast of market trends
- Visit suppliers and factories on a regular basis
- Develop & source high quality and price competitive suppliers & products, to maintain market competitiveness and improve turnover
- Develop and nurture business partnerships with other internal departments and external entities, like suppliers, for meeting customer requirements
- Able to turn available information into marketing tools for business enhancement
- Able to provide feasible option to customer
- Maximise the team’ s productivity and capabilities by setting directions & goals, providing training, delegating tasks, motivating and developing their skills
- Establish a strong supplier base by evaluating, monitoring and upgrading the performance of existing and potential vendors
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a senior merchandiser in hard goods (esp furniture)
- Tertiary level education (i.e. University Degree or above), preferably in a related subject
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Familiar with European trends for hard goods, UK market experience would be advantageous
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Good communication skills is a self-motivated team player and can work under pressure
- Good analytical skills
- Willing to travel
Why work for us?
- Collaborative, fun and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent and diverse culture with 25 offices worldwide
- Double-pay, performance bonus, flexible working hours
- Full healthcare insurance
At Otto International, it’s not just a job, it’s a mindset.
All data provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.