- Passionate about retail and merchandising
- Enjoy collaborating with a team
- Opportunity to grow your career and take on initiatives
As a Merchandiser, you are playing a key role in supporting the team to maximise commercial opportunities. By managing one of the key customers, you will support the delivery of various merchandising activities from start to finish. You will have the autonomy, being a bridge between customers and vendors, and ensuring that they are well looked after from product development to production.
How will you make a difference?
- Responsible for the coordination of daily merchandising activities, including product development, costing, and production follow up
- Secure and grow the share of wallet with customers, ensure the team has sufficient preparation before negotiation meetings during the buying season
- Advise buyers on order placement decisions and provide suggestions on price negotiation
- Handle and troubleshoot production issues with vendors by presenting alternatives and solutions to customers
- Monitor order tracking to meet the quality and delivery date requirements to reach KPI targets
- Maintain compliance at all time with social and quality requirements
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including QA and QC
- Occasional travel will be required
What are we looking for?
- Diploma or Degree holder in Merchandising or related disciplines
- Experience in materials sourcing, product development and sample development for EU market
- Minimum of 5 years merchandising experience in ideally in hardgoods
- Familiar with MS Office programes – Office 365 and SharePoint
- Strong sense of taking the initiative by working independently with good time management
- Good communication skills in English (written and spoken) with business communication in Japanese is a plus
Why work for us?
- Collaborative, fun and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent and diverse culture with 25 offices worldwide
- Double-pay, performance bonus, flexible working hours
- Full healthcare insurance
At Otto International, it’s not just a job, it’s a mindset.
All data provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.