We are looking for an experienced, creative and knowledgeable Merchandise Manager to join our Dongguan team. This person will lead an effective team that focuses on delivering the highest standard of service in product development, while striking a balance amongst customers’ requirements, OI’s profitability and policies, and supplier resources.
How will you make a difference?
- Be constantly involved in product development, proactive sourcing and open new accounts to maintain market competitiveness
- Trouble shoot any problems arising during the product development and sourcing process
- Communicate directly with customers for all teams, in order to ensure optimal performance to meet customers’ needs
- Ensure customers are highly satisfied, through prompt delivery of service and provision of value-for-money products
- Take charge of all placement orders, pricing and production control related to price negotiation and delivery control
- Enhance the merchandising process, ensuring production can meet a tight delivery schedule and maintain good quality
- Develop and nurture business partnerships with other internal departments and external entities, like suppliers, for selling customised solutions to buyers
- Manage and motivate a highly performing product merchandising team for prompt delivery of service
- Regularly visit factories and suppliers
- Coordinate with quality team to get quality-oriented ideas for product development
- Be accountable for claim settlement and follow up
- Ensure and establish TAC per customer for every season rational for Director sign off
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum 8 years’ merchandising experience with related products including at least 5 years in a managerial position
- University graduate in Merchandising or related fields
- Proficient in MS Office applications and Adobe Acrobat (and Allegro)
- Effective communication skills
- Good command of written and spoken English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Excellent people management skills in communication, coordination and overall controlling of the order process
- Strong planning and organisation skills with an analytical mind-set
- Flexible and creative / innovative
- Ability to meet a tight schedule and deadlines
- Be a team player and can work under pressure
Why work with us?
- Collaborative, fun and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent and diverse culture with locations worldwide
- Double-pay, performance bonus, flexible working hours
- Full healthcare insurance coverage
All data provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Want to know more?