We are looking for an experienced Fabric Specialist to support customer on fabric sourcing in China and SEA in obtaining transparency of fabric source and building up vendor frame of fabric mill and to achieve corporate targets in terms of delivery performance, quality performance, speed and flexibility and to strive for Operational Excellence in performing role responsibilities
How will you make a difference?
- Develop and source high quality & price competitive fabric, to maintain competitiveness of product
- Develop and nurture business partnerships with other internal departments and external entities, like fabric suppliers, in order to meeting customer requirements
- Visit the fabric suppliers and factories on a regular basis
- Assist buying team to implement the fabric nomination & blocking
- Develop and maintain fabric supplier frame in China and SEA
- Review and maintain the fabric library in OI China office
- Conduct fabric mill audit and monitor the mill performance at regular basis
- Conduct regular market research on current sources of supply, trends, migration and relocation of sources
- Educate merchandise team on fabric knowledge
- Solve the issue between garment vendor and fabric supplier on daily operation
- At least 10 years or above working experience in technical / fabric quality or fabric sourcing function
- BA degree in product development, textiles or equivalent disciplines
- Domestic as well as overseas fabric sourcing and negoiationg experience required
- Having an intimate knowledge of fabric production process in weaving/knitting, dyeing and other process in entire fabric production
- Good understanding on the concept of sustainable fabrics from all aspects
- Intermediate to advanced in MS Office and Office365
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good communication skills, self-motivated, team player and able to work under pressure
- Willing to travel
Why work with us?
- Collaborative, fun and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent and diverse culture with locations worldwide
- Double-pay, performance bonus, flexible working hours
- Full health insurance coverage
All data provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Want to know more?