- Passionate about fabric and quality
- Opportunity to grow your career and take on initiatives
- Keen to drive the business to meet the standard of our customer
You will lead North China fabric team in Shanghai & Qingdao to achieve company goal & department objectives on all topics covering fabric quality & testing and environmental performance from OI suppliers
How will you make a difference?
- Leading a team of technicians including all management responsibilities e.g. MyLeave, MyDialog, Expenses Reimbursements
- Provide an escalation point for the team
- Resolve any technical problems about testing, chemical or environmental compliance from different parties (e.g. merchandising, supplier, customer, global quality)
- Provide guidance & process improvements/updating SOPs to fabric team members for daily operations such as CD chart approval, care label guidelines, T-smart system updates, test sample application.
- Support claim justifications (e.g. case relate to testing minimum requirement)
- To develop strategies for suppliers who further improve their testing performance
- Frequent travel within China to provide support to suppliers for particular quality issues
- Conduct chemical assessment audit for wet processing supplier or factory quality audit for new developed fabric mill incase application has been receipt
- Provide internal training sessions to our OI staff for knowledge enhancement
- Support or drive special projects as directed by Senior Fabric Manager e.g. Detox, Chemical management, Higg FEM
What are we looking for?
- At least 7 years or above working experience in technical / fabric quality / fabric testing
- Degree holder in Clothing & Textile technology or related disciplines
- Ability to work under pressure with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Team-work & quick learner
- Knowledge of fabric processing, which includes spinning, weaving/ knitting, dyeing, printing, finishing, washing and testing is must
- Practical experience on conducting chemical management audits & Higg Index FEM self-assessment preferred
- Good command of spoken & written English and Chinese (Mandarin)
- Good communication & interpersonal skills.
- Good computer skills in MS Office
- No color blind & color weak
Why work for us?
- Collaborative, fun and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent and diverse culture with 24 offices worldwide
- Double-pay, performance bonus, flexible working hours
- Full healthcare insurance
At Otto International, it’s not just a job, it’s a mindset.
All data provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.