We are looking for an experienced and independent Merchandiser to join our Bangkok team. In this exciting role, you will play a key role in supporting the team to maximize commercial opportunities. By managing a diverse range of contacts, you will be an autonomous communication bridge between customers and vendors, and ensure they are well looked-after from product development to final production.
How will you make a difference?
- Responsible for the coordination of daily merchandising activities in product development, costing, and mass production follow up
- Research & analyse product trends by keeping up-to-date with the latest offerings from the market and coordinating with vendors to increase customer satisfaction and sales opportunities
- Source and select the suitable suppliers from the existing supplier list and from the market
- Using knowledge of pricing, production time & action calendar, as well as technical knowledge, to handle and troubleshoot production problems with vendors and present alternatives/solutions to customer
- Monitor order tracking to meet the quality and delivery date requirement in order to reach corporate KPI target
- Actively visit suppliers and factories on a regular basis
- Perform every step of order and sample follow up by communicating with buyers and suppliers independently
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in apparel (Flat knit & Circular knit and woven) merchandising
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising or Textile-related discipline is an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 and Teams applications
- Good background knowledge of materials sourcing & development, garment construction and sample development
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Team player and sales focused
- Strong negotiation skills and able to work under pressure
- A passion for garments and an open mindset to learn
- Knowledge of the EU retail market is an advantage
Why work with us?
- Collaborative, fun and challenging work environment
- Open, transparent and diverse culture with locations worldwide
- Performance bonus, flexible working hours
- Group healthcare insurance coverage
All data provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Want to know more